Saturday, June 27, 2009

Biking (mis)Adventures

Evans and I set off an what promised to be a very exciting biking adventure. He wanted to take me on the 34.5 mile ride he enjoyed last summer with some of his guy friends through the Virginian country side. Though I'd not been further than around the block in a bike in the last 5 years, I thought it sounded like a great idea (that is after some persuasive coaxing by my husband...).

We parked at White's Ferry in Maryland around 8am and ferried our bikes back to the other side of the river in Virginia.

After traveling through downtown Leesburg, we arrived at the W&OD trail. (thigh burn masked by pleasant smile in this picture)


Here you notice the bed of pick up truck in which I am riding alongside my bike. Curious, you may think, as this was supposed to be a day on two wheels, not four. Scroll down to the video section, and you'll get the full story.

Amused? Hardly. After stopping for a large gyro and refreshing coke at Aroma's Pizzeria, we discovered my bike had a flat tire.

Will we ever make it home?

E's not so worried.

And now begins the video log that Evans made of our journey:















Goin' home...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so classic! Elizabeth with her frustrated expression, and Evans peacefully sleeping. And, the videos capture the moment perfectly. Feel like I was there - glad I wasn't! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troy and I are laughing so hard at your videos. LOVE those expressions Libby. Hilarious...what a great adventure.
    And Lib - how is it that you still look 16 after having three children???

    ReplyDelete