Monday, February 27, 2012

A Little Poet









I have not been very consistent with writing assignments for the children this year, but last week they pulled out their journals and I gave them a prompt to write a paragraph. Katie, however, told me that she would rather write a poem. Whenever there is actual desire on the part of the child to work, I am all for it! Over the next 2 days she wrote these poems, and they make me laugh and smile every time I read them. I'll try to type them as she wrote them.

The animals at the Zoo


The animals at the zoo,
O how I Love the animals Dear
the funny monkey who comes his hair,
O how I Love the animals at the Zoo!

If I Could Go to the Pet Shop

If I could go to the Pet Shop,
What would I buy? Mabe a Parrot,
or mabe a pupy? O What Would I get
at the Dear Old pet Shop!

I Love Fairies


I Love Fairies,
Siting in the meadow, How funny they sit,
Once I saw a Fairie and if you see one,
you'll be filled with the secret of it,
That's What I am telling, and it is true,
for I saw a fairie and you did to!

Unicorns

Long before people romed the eath,
Unicorns thy lay. Lieing in the valley deep,
standing in magical rivers,
all before people romeed the eath.


1 comment: