Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday! Evans and the children brought me smoothies and chocolate banana muffins (compliments of Aunt K who was with us- love her!) in bed where I got to stay and read and journal for as long as I wanted. A dream! Then the children came in with a gift. We usually don't do gifts, so this was particularly exciting. Guess what it was? My very own, crimson red, soft and luxurious...snuggy!! My husband knows me well. The day was so wonderful in fact, that as we were going to bed last night, I told Evans, "Good night, and I'll see you again next Mother's Day." We can wish, right?

I also received a pretty hysterical email forward that surveyed a 2nd grade class and recorded the answers on questions all to do with mothers. I thought it would be funny to hear Evans' responses, and this is what he said:

  1. Why did God make mothers? To take care of you.
  2. How did God make mothers? He said, "Let there be mothers and there were mothers."
  3. What ingredients are mothers made of? Dirt and meat.
  4. Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom? Because He knew that really was perfect.
  5. What kind of a little girl was your mom? Nice and kind. (!)
  6. What did mom need to know about dad before she married him? If he was a good enough Dad.
  7. Why did your mom marry your dad? So in case your mother had to go, you would have a dad to take care of you.
  8. Who's the boss at your house? Dad- no wait. God.
  9. What's the difference between moms and dads? Dads are boys and moms are girls.
  10. What does your mom do in her spare time? Have Bible study.
And lastly, as I was tucking Evans into bed last night and giving him his last goodnight kiss, he grinned and asked, "Do you know why the smoothie I made for you was so good?" No, why? "Because I sneezed in it!"

I mean, you can't make this stuff up! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment